MISSION AND APPROACH
The mission of the Center for Immigrant, Refugee and Global Health (CIRGH) at the CUNY Graduate School of Public Health and Health Policy (CUNY SPH) is to serve as a hub for implementation science and innovation development which advances scholarship, practice and understanding of the transnational policies, programs, institutions and ethos that influence global health.
The CIRGH’s approach is to partner with leading public health research institutions around the world to develop new synergies and opportunities for faculty, students, expert collaborators and community stakeholders required to:
- advance strategies for addressing health equity in service access and outcomes
- foster study specializations in immigrant, refugee and global health
- secure and execute sponsored research
- support an implementation science-based practice group
- engage an active policy dialogue, including a transatlantic roundtable and an NYC-based invited lecture series